Popular Posts

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Unanswered Chainletters


UNANSWERED CHAIN LETTERS

There’s a hope chest full of memories’
Some old photograph’s and rosary beads
A few valentines’ I never sent
All the places I wanted to see but hadn’t been yet
Time sure does fly
Seems like yesterday I was just a child
The lessons I’ve learned over the years
People I’ve lost in the river of tears
The merry trails and old stomping grounds
Come full circle as the hands on the clock go around
Those old chain letters I used to get
Before there was internet
If the chain be broken there’d be ten years of bad luck
I just kept them in my hope chest never sent them to anyone
Me I was a hands on kind of person
Sifting through these years of dreams
I’m happy to say I’ve been busy livin’
Those chain letters never affected me

© R. Hosking
 

No comments:

Post a Comment