Popular Posts

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Voices

Artwork by Rebecca Hosking

VOICES

There are voices that live in my head
They spoke to me and I believed every word they said
I once lived in a paradise of truth
Until I took a bite of that fruit
That tall tree reaches to the sky
With branches that hide the sun from my eyes
The knowledge of all that is real where only love exists
Was replaced with an ache that continuously persists
The voices said this is the whole picture of what’s good and bad
The choice was mine, take this or what I had
Yes I bought into it hook line and sinker
That prince of lies fed on my finger
And like a parasite it latched on and spread its disease
Contagiously aware and feeding on me
But the beauty of light is we seek it when its gone
In sincere pursuit for two loving arms
Truth is absent in those dark corners where only lies live
I vaguely remember I once had so much love to give
I’m learning that truth is real, you can see it, feel it, smell its breath
Lies are not real and leave you living a life of regret
There is a voice that lives in my heart
One voice that is always encouraging a new start
It waits patiently for me to find a cure
From everything that is impure
Whenever I fall down
There is always something that picks me up off the ground
I saw it, and felt it, and smelled its breath
It spoke with the purest voice
And said the decision is yours to make the right choice

R. Hosking © 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment