Popular Posts

Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Unknown


Artwork by Rebecca Hosking

 THE UNKNOWN

I gave thanks today for the light tapping at my window
I felt the warmth of the rebirth
And When I opened my eyes to greet the day
I felt my self worth
God gave me a Mother with passionate love
She learned her craft through God’s son
Problems knock on my front door
And fear sometimes consumes my soul
But I pray to find strength
In order to tackle the unknown
When I falter and the earth shakes
Family is always there to guide the way
When the rocks crack and open to expose the core secret
I learn from the scars that God left behind
Through the valleys and canyons and hieroglyphics
I pray you hold me in your arms now that my Mother is gone
Not just to bide time but to teach me how to appreciate life
Not to fear the unknown
But to love with my whole being
Until I am welcomed home

R. Hosking © 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment