Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Sometimes

Salvador Dali, art.com


SOMETIMES

I am often misunderstood
Underestimated and even lied to
Because I do not speak a word
You may think I am a fool
That’s ok, maybe I should care
But I do not
Maybe it should hurt
But feels more like a joke
Mama did not raise a simpleton
Sometimes I’m still learning myself
At times there is a complex weaving
And other times I put it all to rest
All a part of absorbing
Filling myself up to fill in the empty space
Sometimes it makes me sick
Other times it inspires me to create
Those moments make me fly like a bird
Then send me crashing to the earth
Multitude of highs and lows
That is how I ultimately grow
Enjoy the journey while it lasts
Like all things
This too shall pass
Hate to think of a second I may have missed
I know it is inevitable
Can’t always win
Sure is nice when you open your eyes and see the sunrise
And sometimes on a lonely dark night
Nothing shines but the moon
Well, that can be really nice too
A warm dry air caressing my skin
Sometimes being alone does not equal loneliness

R.Hosking
© 2017

EXPERIENCE THE STORM FOR YOURSELF!

7 comments:

  1. A very powerful poem. I admire all the flying you do from adversity. Your Mama raise you strong and is, I am sure, so proud of her fighter of a daughter. Continue to fly high Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for always faithfully being there and reading, I am so happy you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so do. I admire your writing hugely whether that be poetry, song ir article. I never fail to be touched deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful piece of writing. You never cease to amaze me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful piece of writing. You never cease to amaze me

    ReplyDelete