Popular Posts

Saturday, April 27, 2013

One Hundred Years

Alice Cowan, Photo provided by Carol Hosking
 
ONE HUNDRED YEARS

I feel tongue tied
A little choked up inside
One hundred years is still not enough time
To learn the grace
In every line of her face
And I know its going to take
Another hundred years
For me to fight these tears
And learn to breathe without her here
In the kingdom she now rules
Together again with a love so true
He waited patiently for his jewel
Leaving us with the remaining minutes
Wanting nothing more than to relive it
Every day we shared
And cherish the moments she was there
I will mourn the loss with a triumphant win
Of having the memory of that cheeky grin
I would not exist if it was not for her
It defines who I am and what I have learned
Although it’s hard to imagine what it will be like
And I can’t find any words to describe
One hundred years behind her eyes
What a celebration of life

R.Hosking © 2009


In tribute to:
Alice Cowan (Gran)
1908 - 2009

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful picture of a woman much loved and of the joy and pain in equal measure of those left behind. Clearly richer for having known her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she was an amazing lady!! I was very lucky to know her.

    ReplyDelete