Popular Posts

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Justified


JUSTIFIED

There I was confidently steady when the floor dropped from my feet
Left standing there re-evaluating the decisions I had made
It seemed quite easy to blame everyone but me
But viewed honestly, maybe I had made a few mistakes

So, there I was trying to fix what I had broken
Only to find, nothing was shattered but my pride
I told no lies, professed my secrets and left nothing unspoken
If that was my sin, and you did what felt right, then I hope you feel justified

R.Hosking
© 2014

2 comments:

  1. Another super piece of poetry, short and punchy. This could apply to most people at some time or other. You are a very talented lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kevin, I was feeling feisty when I wrote this one! lol!

    ReplyDelete