Popular Posts

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sometimes


SOMETIMES

I love myself enough to be the best human possible
I ride the waves, stumble, fall and get up time after time
But my experiences are no less credible
Take it for what it's worth
I'll speak my mind and do it until I die 
Because, I am a poet and have been since birth
I share it through paper and pen and a few rhymes
Forgive my trespasses and I'll pray I never falter again
I forgive my enemies and feel obligated to thank them
Thankful for the hard lessons learned
I try to lead by example
What you put out there you get in return
Why did Eve eat that damn apple
There are some people with a light that shines
And others who live in the dark
I think both dwell in us all, the brightest love casts shadows
Where the evil sometimes lurks


R. Hosking
© 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment