Popular Posts

Friday, March 21, 2014

Mind My Steps



MIND MY STEPS

If you could walk in the halls of my mind
The things you might find, sometimes scary, sometimes fine
If you could pull the strings on my heart
The feelings you'd feel, sometimes tender, sometimes hard
If you could hear the haunting melodies
They would consume you like they do me
If I could dictate how it all goes down
I might not feel so out of control
Slow easy going, mind my steps, before I fall

If there was a promise that was never broken
The spark would be ignited sometimes burnt, sometimes smoking
If I knew all the right words to say
The poetry would come alive, sometimes in a chant, when I pray
If I could describe exactly what's on my mind
The things I might find, sometimes confident, sometimes blind
All the possibilities not sure which way to turn
With all the years I've had, you'd think I'd learn
But here I am same as I ever was
Looking for some sort of control
Slow easy going, mind my thoughts before I fall

R. Hosking
© 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment