Popular Posts

Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Power of Words

Photo taken by Rebecca Hosking, Franklin, TN


THE POWER OF WORDS

I remember once someone told me I was stupid
Whether it was a joke or something they meant I believed it
So I lived my life uninformed and made mistakes, why?
Because I believed I was stupid

I remember once on a cold dreary day someone told me it was sunny
I looked out the window and I saw the light
I lived that day with a smile on my face, why?
Because I believed it was sunny

I remember once truth came from a word I wasn’t willing to believe
And faith came from those same words that were given to me
I believe this to be true, why?
Because I heard it and it set me free

I remember once my night was lonely and my arms were empty
But God looked at me last night through your eyes
He said that he loved me and I believed him, why?
Because that is the power of words!

R. Hosking 
© 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment