Popular Posts

Monday, May 13, 2013

Secrets

Photo taken by Rebecca Hosking, Mexico

SECRETS

I willingly whispered in your ear
I told you my heart and shared my fears
You paid attention when no one else did
Good or bad I deserve what I get

Sometimes in life there is no end
We repeat mistakes over and over again
A lesson learned completes a vicious cycle
Best friends become reveled rivals

You go your way, while I go mine
We come together when all is fine
Eventually the middle gets bigger and bigger
We’re only human, we’re all sinners

The secret is we all always knew
Nothing is permanent no matter what we do
Here today gone tomorrow
No matter if you beg, steal or borrow

There is one thing always consistently true
No matter what I will always love you
I’m not as unapologetic as you might think
I’m only searching for a flotation device, so I do not sink

By R. Hosking
© 2013

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Robert, this one is very dear to me. It was a crossroads kind of period in my life. I love that you get it!

    ReplyDelete